Sunday, December 27, 2009

Rule One of Houskeeping

Never doubt the stupidity of People!

Yes, this is a harsh but true statement! When people rent a cabin/lodge, they apparently loose some part of their brains while they are driving over. It is like everything they ever learned about staying at another persons house is forgotten.

I just got done cleaning a cabin with a wood stove. Apparently, the guest thought it was a good idea to split firewood inside and on the hardwood floors. Then, of course, pitch got everywhere on the hardwood floors. And we all know how hard pitch is to get off!

Its the small things that guests do that amaze me. Do people who rent these cabins dumb? Or do they not realize what they are doing?

I would really like to know.

As for the pitch, I have been told that peanut butter or mayonnaise will remove it. I will test this out tomorrow and tell you if it works.


No comments:

Post a Comment