Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Garden: June 1, 2010

All right. I do have an explanation as to why I have not been posting. I finally got a job!
So, I have been busy just figuring out the workings of a new job and have not had the energy for any posting. Also, the weather has been absolutely horrible these past few weeks, nothing could be done in the garden. Instead of posting pictures of sad, ugly, and wilting plants, I held off.

Fortunately, the garden was finally planted yesterday, when the weather held out for the first time in two weeks. So far, all the plants seem to be doing better in the ground. Hopefully it will not freeze anymore (it is June...but I would
hold my breath with this weather!).

Here are some of the pictures of the garden:

Picture of most of the garden! The six rows that have nothing planted contain seeds for corn-bean-squash (i.e. yellow and winter squash and zucchini). Those pine trees in the garden were only suppose to stay there for a year or so. It has been about six years. Looks like we have next years Christmas trees!

Picture of the peppers, tomatoes, watermelon, cantaloupe and irises. The posts in the back of the picture hold raspberry bushes and thornless black berries:

The first strawberry of the year has arrived!
Can you find it?

No comments:

Post a Comment